Gravity,
It pulls anything and everything within its reach,
Not too long ago,
Like gravity, You pulled me,
Anything and everything towards You.
I can hear sad love songs whenever I think about You,
What we had was good - or so I thought,
What we had meant something - perhaps just for me,
I loved You and You loved me - at least, I thought You did.
It pains me sometimes,
To think about it,
But maturity comes with experience,
And Lord knows I've had experience,
So the whole experience - Our whole experience,
Does that make me more mature?
Perhaps a little more wise?
Or does it make me cautious?
Careful instead of mature,
Careful not to fall back into the cozy idea of You and me?
You've moved on,
Now that I know that,
Perhaps one day, just maybe,
I'll move on too, maybe,
I'll be able to let You go, maybe,
I'll fall out of Your gravity.
And that day,
The day that Your gravity has no more effect on me,
The day Your gravity doesn't pull me anymore,
That Day,
I am Free.