Friday, August 10, 2012

Congratulations Pandelela!

History has been made and I was here to witness it!  Sarawakian diver, Pandelela Rinong is Malaysia's first ever woman's medalist, and first ever Olympic winner outside of badminton, when she won bronze in the Women's 10m Platform event.

It made me so very proud to be Malaysian when I saw her dive. I felt so united, like we were all on the same side, cheering and supporting the same thing - the same person. I felt this same overwhelming sense of pride when I watched our badminton hero, Dato Lee Chong Wei, during the finals.

Gold, Silver or Bronze
You guys have made us very proud to be Malaysian.
Our Olympians have united a nation.


Malaysia's Pandelela Rinong Pamg performs a dive during the women's 10m platform semi-final at the London 2012 Olympic Games at the Aquatics Centre


Malaysia's Pandelela Rinong Pamg performs a dive during the women's 10m platform semi-final at the London 2012 Olympic Games at the Aquatics Centre

Malaysia's Pandelela Rinong Pamg is hugged by her coach after winning the bronze medal during the women's 10m platform final at the London 2012 Olympic Games at the Aquatics Centre
After she won the bronze medal!

Malaysia's Pandelela Rinong Pamg poses with her bronze medal during the women's 10m platform victory ceremony at the London 2012 Olympic Games at the Aquatics Centre
Pandelela wins bronze in diving event (© Reuters Photo)
Road to the Olympics

China's Chen Ruolin (C) poses with Australia's Brittany Broben (L) and Malaysia's Pamg Pandelela Rinong
China's Chen Ruolin - Gold.
Australia's Brittany Broben - Silver.
Malaysia's Pandelela Rinong - Bronze :D