Tuesday, May 29, 2018

The Autumn of 2017

I think you can become so enamoured by someone 
So captivated by their quiet personalities
That you think they're perfect 
That they're the ones 
And you letting go of them 
Rather, they letting go of you
Is the biggest silliest mistake 
And you agonise 
Go through all the breakup albums 
All the tubs of peanut buttercup ice cream 
Mourning your great loss 

But I think 
You couldn't have known someone 
All that well 
If you think they're perfect 

You weren't perfect 
But you were close 
I felt loved every minute I spent with you 

We met in the Autumn of 2017 
At a little bar called Porters 
I thought I might stay for an hour
It was 3 hours when we left 

That kiss
At the station 
It was inconspicious
As if we'd been kissing for years 
Lived in & familiar
That kiss
If I had known 
That was the last time 
I'd never have gotten on the train

I don't think I have a grasp of what it is to love 
Does anyone? 
But I think I fell in love with you
And I haven't stopped loving you once 

It took me so long to write this
Because it took me that long to admit it



[Liam, 24]