9 JULY 2011
I will forever remember this day. The day Malaysians stood up and made a difference.
I remember it like it was yesterday (well, it really was yesterday). I was sitting on the floor of my house, munching on some grapes. It was just after lunch and everyone was there, eyes glued to the TV. We were watching the Malaysian version of the news, so you can imagine the running commentary that was going on. Then there were the usual political ramblings we had during advertisements.
"Liars! All lies!"
"Lets watch Al Jazeera la! At least then we can hear the mat salleh version of it!"
"Look at them! Look at all that yellow! My God!" "I WANT a yellow shirt!!"
"Shut UP LA! I cant hear what the lady is saying!"While I was sifting through the Internet, waiting for updates and looking at incoming pictures, I came across this website : Free Malaysia Today (FMT), and its AWESOME! Forget 'The Star' and don't even bother to buy a copy of the 'New Sunday Times' - the only articles you'll find in there are written by BN glorifying lapdogs - none of which are worth my time. EVERYTHING can be found on this website. Ive also had the utmost pleasure of stumbling upon Jeswan Kaur, a fervent, bold and inspiring author who regularly posts articles on FMT.
Her work exudes an aura of confidence and the nonchalant ease at which she writes, draws you in. It is certainly a joy to read and I look forward to her future posts. In the meantime, Ive picked out some of my favourite posts and the links are below!
Bersih rally revealed lots of truth - Going into denial seems to be the only way Najib could think of in reacting to the Bersih 2.0 rally.
http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/2011/07/10/bersih-rally-revealed-lots-of-truth/
Grow up and work with Bersih, Najib - If Ambiga can bend over backwards and change the route of the rally, why can't the PM show some maturity as well?
http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/2011/07/05/grow-up-and-work-with-bersih-najib/
Dirty treatment for a clean cause - Despite all the dirt thrown at Bersih, the movement has emerged cleaner than the tainted powers that be.
http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/2011/07/08/dirty-treatment-for-a-clean-cause/
Bersih rally – chill down BN’s spine - There is something about the July 9 rally that has left the Barisan Nasional government shivering in its pants.
http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/2011/06/22/bersih-rally-%e2%80%93-chill-down-bns-spine/
‘Bold’ Ambiga vs ‘disappointing’ Shahrizat - The women's minister is among the many condemning voices of the Bersih rally and its architect. But it is Shahrizat who has failed to meet the people's expectations.
http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/2011/06/30/bold-ambiga-vs-disappointing-shahrizat/
Transforming wives into whores - The very premise of OWC is shaky, for it emasculates women and turns them into slaves.
http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/2011/06/16/transforming-wives-into-whores/
Doing no service to the country - All is not well with the National Service programme since its inception in 2004.
http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/2011/02/21/doing-no-service-to-the-country/
This song by the way, is called 'Yellow' by Coldplay. Ive always loved this song and I'm listening to it as I sit here and type out this post. I don't know why, but its a fitting song.
I think Ive found my new favourite colour...... Peace XD