Salvation comes not in the form of a blade,
No, not tonight,
Now it's is a woman,
A brave woman who trudges on long after I've given up,
Who keeps faith where I've faltered,
She keeps us together,
Like she's been doing all this time.
She would rather be hated by those whom she loves,
Than to have their innocence be defiled by lies and deceit,
For that is what happened,
For one unfortunate moment,
I thought her cruel and unforgiving,
Had only I known.
I've been far less than perfect,
I've been difficult and irritating,
Resentful and faithless,
And in a mere evening,
She fixed me,
She held the pieces of my broken heart and battered soul,
Gently but with a firm reassurance,
She put me back together,
For the first time in a long time,
I felt complete.
Yes, salvation is here,
And I've stopped crying for now,
Because I have just realized exactly how lucky I am,
For there is nothing more I could want,
Than you.
I love you Ma