Would it be too dramatic to say,
I wish to drown in the ocean,
Somewhere deep and dark - Where light from the sun cannot reach,
Where no one will notice my absence,
Let the salt water fill my lungs,
Let me gasp and struggle in vain for the breath I traded away,
To feel the life draining from me,
And then nothing.
Would society deem me a freak,
If my deepest desire is to climb the tallest mountain in the world,
Just to freeze,
It would be rather slow and lonely,
But it would it not be peaceful,
Nothing but cold air and snow,
With the wind lulling me into an everlasting slumber,
Ensuring me the troubles of this world are almost over,
If I just fall asleep.
Defense is paper thin,
Too deep now to ever swim against the current,
So let me slip away,
Just let me slip away.