Friday, May 25, 2012

Of Memories and Old Photographs

I let you down,
I didn't realise it at the time,
I love you more than the oxygen that keeps me alive,
But time and time again,
My actions betray my pathetic words.


Please know that it was, is, and never will be my intention to hurt you,
I can't care for myself,
But I do care for you,
And I can't bear it when I do something stupid like that - without even realising.


Is this the consequence of building walls?
I speak from experience when I say emotions get in the way,
I've concluded that I don't need them.

But an unfortunate side effect is,
I am now cold and distant,
In my greatest attempts to purge myself of emotions,
I have hurt you.

I want to keep memories too,
And if pictures are the way to do that,
Then I'll take all the pictures you want,
I'll do anything - As long as you're happy.


I am sorry.