Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Letter to My Parents

I walk into your room, crying out for help, albeit silently, and all you can ask is 'How's it coming along?' To which I reply a monotonous 'OK'. Every.Single.Time. Does that not serve as a hint? A clue at least? I do realise that words laced with double meanings are an irritable trait of my gender, but am I to be blamed for past transgressions? No. No I shall not. 

Damsel in distress has never been my style, so you'll forgive me if it's become rather difficult to ask directly for your help. Perhaps I do not portray the correct body language and such. Slouched shoulders, heavy steps, one word answers and a defeated expression don't do it? 

Sarcasm aside, I know I have no right to complain when everything I have is because of you. But sometimes its nice to be noticed. Nice to be paid some attention. I'm not a machine, as ludicrous as it may seem. I don't guarantee a repeat of the results I've been blessed with thus far. Its this last bit that troubles me the most. Hangs over my head like a black cloud. Round my neck like a noose. Across my skin like a blade. 

I'm afraid. I live my life in constant fear of the next failure instead of living it relishing in the little victories of the present. I know this, and yet, do nothing at all to change my circumstances. (Clearly) I need some help. I think that's just what I wanted to say. The point of this is simply to ask for your help. 

Help.