Monday, January 23, 2017

A Series of Unfortunate Decisions Pt 2

[Gethin, 19 years old]

So in a desperate attempt to get over my French professor, 
I sought the solace of a night club, 
Confidence boosted by the heady mix of vodka and tequila shots, 
My friends and I made it our mission to dance the night away, 
Till our feet hurt,
Till the club closed, 

Till we couldn't remember how we got home. 

Then I met him - G.T.
Extremely charming, very sober, 1st year medical student, 
Boy was saying all the right things, 
We kissed & gosh, he was good at it.  

Clearly, by my use of the word 'gosh' even you can accurately estimate the depth of my inexperience.  

We went home together - both very sober & very excited, 
No, I didn't sleep with him,
But I didn't do anything I didn't want to, 
It was fun. Very fun
He left (very blue) at 5.30am.

It sounds like a terrible cliche that I should've caught from the start, 
But I couldn't see through the fog of his lips and hands all over me, 
I allowed myself to think about what it'd be like to spend more time with him, 
Shockingly Stupidly Naively, most of this didn't include me on my back on his bedroom floor (some a lot of it did though), 
My dewy-eyes and untrained hand couldn't give him what he needed. 

I'm usually more weary of fuck boys, 
I don't know why I dropped the ball with this one, 
I am both sad & glad that this happened, 
Learnt my lesson the hard way.
(It really was)