Monday, May 9, 2016

3 am. 14°C. 

Im so done with this weather.

Had my first exam today. Wish I could say it was great good manageable passable? Slept for about 2 hours last night and woke up covered in sweat. (Okay so it was 25°C last night and I was wrapped in a winter duvet, but still). I'm disappointed in myself - sure - but I cant let this stop me. I have 3 more papers to go. We can turn this around. 

Also, I may have an inkling as to what being tired really means. I've stayed up for 36 hours straight before, but the mental exhaustion this time is so much worse. It appears studying makes us crankier, more inefficient versions of ourselves. We need more sleep, more food and more rest just to maintain a steady pace.  

But at the same time, it feels so good being this tired because it means I'm putting in everything I have. 100%. 24/7. Okay, maybe not 24/7. I love getting into bed feeling exhausted and absolutely drained - like I've earned this rest. 

Getting up the next day and doing it all over again is a terrifying thought of course. But what you could look forward to instead is that moment late at night when you (gracefully?) flop into bed and turn off the lights knowing that you, with all your might, wit and determination, did all you could to make today count.