Friday, May 6, 2016

Junk Folder in My Brain

I think I'm having some anxiety. My pulse has been racing all day and I cant seem to keep my breath steady. I keep having to take deep gulps of air just sitting down at my laptop.


Its exams obviously. It sounds so trivial, but even as I write now I catch my pulse racing and I have to consciously calm down.


Alot has happened in the past week - it seems like everything decided to go wrong one week before exams. I've had to make important decisions after having my choices taken away from me. I've lost some money. Some sanity too.


I actively try to stay calm, but very little is working. I read somewhere that trying not to worry about your problems actually causes you to focus more on them because your mind is on the lookout for them, ready to scream, 'STOP thinking about it!' You see? Counterproductive.


I think that's why I came here. I'll just put it out there. I've acknowledged the anxiety and the worry and the stress - a sort of spring cleaning of the junk thoughts in my brain. I'm clearing it out so I can focus on my work.


Wish me luck.