Monday, June 13, 2011

Eargasm!


Wow. I mean, just Wow.

     This is Bruno Mars's 'Grenade' covered by Alejandro and Daniel Manzano of Boyce Avenue. No guitar, no drums, no piano, no drum thingy that Fabian plays. Just one voice and one violin, played wonderfully by Daniel.

     Its an amazing cover. Its 10 times sadder than the Bruno Mars version, mostly because of the violin. I don't know why or how, but the violin in this song is unusually depressing but rather beautiful at the same time. Its a fantastic violin composition and I really appreciate  good work. Its a fine art that musicians understand.

     I don't know how to explain it, but I can feel it. When you play an emotional piece, especially with alot of crescendo's (means getting louder) diminuendo's (means getting softer) and fortissimo piano (very loud and then immediately soft), you sort of get immersed into the music, the moment. I know it sounds like a huge cliché, but its true. That musical climax, eargasm, that you get, its like a drug, you cant get enough of it. THAT'S why some people (myself included) can play ONE piece over and over and over and OVER again. I drove my family CRAZY when I couldn't get enough of Beethoven's 'Fur Elise'. I could FINALLY play the full piece, and I wasn't going to stop playing until I had mastered it ALL.

     Anyway, for me, the eargasm in this song happens twice. A mini one, just to get you excited and then the second one jumps on you unsuspectingly. If you're not listening, you'd miss it. Its A-MA-ZING!

So, mini eargasm : 1.55 - 2.31 and the full fledged screaming eargasm : 3.01 - 3.38

Alejandro has the voice of an angel and Daniel has the fingers of the violin God's.
    
Peace XD!