Wednesday, June 22, 2011

You're Amazing Just The Way You Are...

To She who was born on the 23rd of January,
I dedicate this to you. :D

How long has it been dear friend?
Let me count the years,
9? 10? 11?
Its 12 I believe,
How the time flies.

Through thick or thin,
Rain or shine,
Snow or freaking hail,
You were there for me,
Standing by my side,
Strong and (absolutely) resolute,
So sure that its gonna be okay.

Your glass has always been half full,  
Your smile has always been genuine,
Your company has always been entertaining,
And most importantly,
Your friendship has always been true.

Office politics,
PMR results,
Geography textbooks,
And most recently,
Add Maths exams,
Please believe me when I say,
None of these matter,
Please believe me when I say,
I know EXACTLY how you feel,
Please believe me when I say,
I'm here for you.

I know that right now,
You want to give up,
I know that right now,
Worthlessness is all you feel,
But that's why you've got me,
My shoulder is always free for you to lean on,
That's why Ive got hours to kill,
If you ever want to call and stay silent on the phone,
Just so that you know someone else is on the other side,
That's why we're best friends.



Years have come and years have gone,
So have friends - people we thought we could trust,
Boyfriends (and girlfriends) too,
But you and me,
We stuck.



I don't think you know,
Just how comforting it is,
To have someone like you,
For a best friend.

Damn,
How lucky am I?