Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Go Fly A Kite Then Take A Hike

     If you have been following Malaysian news as I have, you probably would have heard of the term 'Obedient Wives Club'. Generating quite an amount of controversy, the Obedient Wives Club was set up by a group of Malay women supposedly to, and I quote *cure social ills such as prostitution and divorce by teaching women to be submissive and keep their men happy in the bedroom*.

    IT.IS.DISGUSTING.

I mean really, in a modern and fairly well developed country, we have crap like this dominating our front pages. The club's president, Rohaya Mohamed, said "A man married to a woman who is as good or better than a prostitute in bed has no reason to stray. Rather than allowing him to sin, a woman must do all she can to ensure his desires are met,"

    So, what she's trying to say is that women who aren't good in bed are the main reason husbands run off with mistresses, prostitution is on the rise, and these women are ALLOWING, their husbands to continue sinning. May I quote again, Indirectly, "disobedient wives are the cause for upheaval in this world" because men are not happy at home and their minds and souls are disturbed, she said.

    How much more backwards could she have said it? She, Rohaya Mohamed, is a disgrace to hardworking, wives and women around the world. What about the women who are the sole breadwinners of the family? Are they disobedient wives just because they don't do as well in the sack? In her twisted point of view, are the role of wives so menial in a family, that all she needs to do is bang her husband really really really well? 

   And what about the husbands? Are muslim husbands so frivolous in their marriage, that if their wives cant give them a proper f***, they instantly run off with the next woman they see? I'm sorry, but I thought that marriages were based on understanding and trust that have to come from BOTH people, not how well you do in bed.

     This unfortunate woman has not got a clue about what makes a marriage stick, although I cant say that I'm an expert in this department, I do know for a fact that alluring smiles and sexy dressing is not it. Women should NOT lower themselves and crouch down to fit their partners wants. I know it sounds really feminist of me, but women are not there to cook, clean and procreate anymore, there's so much more to it.  


 "The woman who appeals to a man's vanity may stimulate him, the woman who appeals to his heart may attract him, but it is the woman who appeals to his imagination who gets him" ~ Helen Rowland

*Note : The lines that are written in yellow have been taken from various articles concerning the matter.